“FOL SHLIRË” project
FOL SHLIRË is the first chat-based platform that offers first aid to all those who have been potentially affected by Covid-19-induced pandemic stress.
The Fol Shlirë platform is made possible by the Social Lab organization in cooperation with the non-governmental organization QIPS and the Municipality of Prishtina.
Technology can respond to the essential human need to support those suffering from mental stress during Covid-19 pandemic, providing a new method to train and engage non-professionals for those in need of support.
Psychological First Aid (PFA) is described as a humane, supportive response to person who may need support. PFA includes the following:
• providing practical care and support, which does not interfere.
• assessing needs and concerns;
• helping individuals address their basic needs
• listening to individuals, without pressuring them to talk
• comforting individuals and helping them to calm down
• helping individuals access information, services and social support
• preventing further harm